Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Recent Movies: The Ides of March + Footloose

I have been a bad blogger lately. My bad. Been busy. I hope to do better ... promise. In the meantime, here is a review of the recent movies I have seen. Both great movies ... but I don't have the energy to give crazy long reviews/commentary like normal. Again ... my bad.

The Ides of March
Good. Enough said. Ryan Gosling + George Clooney. Even more-so enough said. Seriously though, the movie is a slow going political drama complete with secrets, lies, intrigue, etc. The cast is excellent - from George to Ryan to Philip Seymour Hoffman to Paul Giamatti and Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood. The story is simple and classic (and too-often close to reality), but it is told in a very elegant way with great acting and direction.

Overall, a recommended film ... but you have to be ready for this kind of movie ... don't go to this if you are in the mood for lightness, dancing and teenage angst. See Footloose instead ...


Footloose
Can a remake be too close to the original? I don't know ... but if ever a film were to test that theory, Footloose could. I love the original, so of course I am going to enjoy the remake and be bouncing around in my movie theater seat. Sometimes I just gotta cut loose ... footloose ... kick off my Sunday shoes. Haha.

Seriously though, the movie is super close to the original, sometimes it felt frame for frame, but they did update some parts. And while Ren and Ariel feel a bit more sexed-up, they are still them ... down to the dress and jacket at the end. I am not a DWTS watcher, so this was my first time seeing Julianna Hough, but I gotta say she was good. As was Kenny Wormald.

If you're a fan of the original, you will definitly enjoy. Even if you haven't seen the original (like the friend I went with ... I was shocked!) ... you will probably still enjoy it.

And speaking of the original ... I just had to go home and watch it that night.


Oh Kevin Bacon ...

AND ... I totally forgot the Sarah Jessica Parker was in that movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget