Monday, February 6, 2012

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I have been terrible about blogging recently. I acknowledge. September through November were super busy at work and I was back in school for my first semester of my MBA.  Then came December and I didn't want to do anything except for enjoy life. Then came a very busy holiday season and January. First two weeks of January were spent working my @$$ off in two ways: 1) at work because we were so busy and I was prepping for my holiday and 2) literally working it off at the gym so I could fit into my skinny jeans. Then came holiday - 8 days in Europe visiting my family. Yay!

So as you can see, I've been busy. Life goes on. Things to do ... places to go ... etc.

And now it is February and I am trying to be better about blogging and a lot of other things in my life. Let's call these February Resolutions as opposed to New Year's Resolutions. That works.

So here they are ... my February Resolutions:
  • Be better at blogging.
  • Go to bed earlier. Seriously. Going to bed at 2AM during the week and 3 or 4AM on the weekend is just not conducive to ... well ... anything. New rule: weekdays - 11:00; weekends - 1:00.
  • Wake up earlier. In general. This ties in with the above. Hopefully with going to bed earlier I can actually wake up earlier. Good theory. This particularly applies to weekends. Waking up at noon or later, while great for feeling relaxed, does definitely throw off the entire day and does not lead to completing projects.
  • Finish personal projects. Believe me ... there are numerous.
  • Take less bubble baths during the week. By the time I get home from the gym it is generally 8ish. I like to relax in a bubble bath while reading. I read a lot. Problem is, that is wasted time during the week. So, Monday-Thursday, less bubble baths, more showers. Sigh.
  • Stop the roller-coastering ... aim for a nice smooth ride. 
  • Be better about my finances. Spend less. Save more. Pretty basic really.
So there they are. My February resolutions. Fingers crossed I can (mostly) stick to these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget