Friday, May 18, 2012

Half-Day Friday Fun Days! The List ..

So I work for a great company that gives its employees many perks. One of them is half-day Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. That is 3 months of Friday Fun!

So each year I try to come up with activities for the half-day Fridays so that I actually leave the office by noon or 1. If I don't have some kind of thing to go to, I have been known to just stay into the afternoon and just spend it catching up on work since everyone else has left. Boo. Bad!

So here is the list so far ... more to be added ... as I come up with ideas. Let me know if you want to "sign up" for any of these activites with me!
  • Mill City Museum
  • Shopping and lunch on Nicollet
  • Science Museum in St. Paul
  • Shopping and lunch on Grand Ave in St Paul
  • Picnic lunch and sitting out at Calhoun
  • Twins game (I don't like baseball, but I do like the food ... and sitting outside on a goreous day)
  • Horseback riding
  • Summit Brewery tour
  • Matinee movie (on a rainy day)
  • Driving range
  • Lunch!
    • Fogo de Chao (so much more reasonable at lunch!)
    • Greek (It's Greek to Me or Christo's)
    • That really good Mexican place my dad keeps telling me about ...
    • Wakame for sushi
    • Annie's in Dinkytown (burgers, fries, and Oreo shakes!)
    • Yum!
    • French Meadow Bakery
I am also considering some local weekend road-trips, which I have never done. The first one may actually be a day trip to Duluth with my parents over Memorial weekend. Photos to come! Other's I am thinking of include:
  • Milwakee - That art museum is incredible! I just want to spend a day photographing it!
  • House on the Rock - Visited this place when I was little and it just blew me away!Want to see it again. (If you live in the area and haven't been, you are missing out! Super cool and ecelctic!)
  • Taliesin - Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Again, saw it when I was young, but want to go back. This place is spendy though ...
  • New York - That one is a bit more a stretch ... I know. But I want to visit. I am even thinking more so of just FLW's Falling Water than NYC proper maybe.
The summer is already getting super busy! For the first time ever, I have had to start putting all my commitments into the calender on my iPhone. Usually I just remember everything - there is not that much. But my calender is booking up through pretty much July 8th already. Crazy! Lots going on between traveling, work, social life, arts events, birthdays and baby showers, etc. But busy is GOOD. Busy is great!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! My company lets us flex during the week, so I am going to get Fridays off! Of course, that means I must work four 10 hour days but hey, it's worth it when you get a 3 day weekend every week!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget