Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eclectic Weekend

ec·lec·tic/iˈklektik/

Adjective:
Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Noun:
A person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.

That's my life ... eclectic!  

And this weekend was a perfect example of my eclectic lifestyle! 

First came Bond. James Bond.

If you are a movie buff (like me), you know that Skyfall was released in normal theaters on Friday. But in IMAX theaters on Thursday. So where was I Thursday night at 8pm? Skyfall of course! I can write an entire post about Skyfall (and I probably will), but for now let's just say, it's amazing! Seriously amazing. Quality, classic Bond. Gone are the gizmos and gadgets ... it is just an amazing guy going back to the Bond roots. The movie grips you from the very first minute and doesn't let up at all. And it gives you a glimpse into Bond's past. Amazing! So amazing that I saw it Thursday, and I will probably see it again Sunday.



From action movie to epic tragedy. A night at the opera. Anna Bolena. 

I love movies and theater and anything that really involves a performance and story. Really. That includes opera. This was the second production of the season - Donizetti's Anna Bolena. A great production with amazing vocals and a very talented ensemble. This opera focuses on the period at the end of her life when Henry was already falling for Jane Seymore and looking for a way to get rid of Anne.


I clean up pretty good for the opera (one of my many little black dresses ... fabulous heals ... intricate updo), but I can also enjoy a great bonfire on a Friday night. 

But, to further emphasize my eclectic lifestyle, the bonfire include s'mores as well as champagne. Yup. This girl doesn't do beer. Let me tell you, champagne + s'mores (plus good company) in front of a great fire on (what will probably be) the last nice night of the year is AMAZING!


From Friday night bonfire to a Saturday afternoon baby shower.

Many of my friends are married and moving forward with their lives. Babies babies babies. Within the last two months, one girlfriend announced she was pregnant with her second, another had her first, and we celebrated a baby shower for a third girlfriend! For this baby shower, I ventured to Babies R Us for the first time. OVERwhelming! Ahhhhh. That place is a mess and the registry and aisles are confusing. But I love my friends ... so to Babies R Us I go!




Add in some random girly book reading and some good old MBA case studies. Along with catching up on my TV shows (Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, and Grey's Anatomy). Cleaning the apartment. Brunch. And some other activities ...

Like I said ... eclectic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget