So here we go.
what's your favorite quotation
This is an inter sting one to start with. I am actually not huge on quotes, but lately I have been paying more attention to them and even seeking them out.
Here are some of my favorites from as far back as I can remember:
- Travel and change of place impart new vigor on the mind. (Seneca)
- If you can dream, but not make dreams your master. If you can think, but not make thoughts your aim. (Rudyard Kipling - If)
- Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. (Johan Wolfgang von Goethe)
- Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time. (Pablo Picasso)
- It will all work out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. (unknown)
- Life is a banquet and most poor bastards are starving to death. (Auntie Mame)
As I mentioned, lately I have been seeking out quotes more. Here are a few more recent additions to my list:
- Freedom comes from being bold.
- If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad. (Jane Austen)
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. (Jane Austen)
- If you want to be happy, be. (Leo Tolstoy)
- No medicine cures what happiness cannot. (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
- Happiness is not a goal ... it's a byproduct of a life well lived. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- The world is a book and those who don't travel only read one page.
- You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough. (Mae West)
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. (Oscar Wilde)