It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Pretty sure that's from a book. Tale of Two Cities?
Wherever the quote may come from it definitely rings true this year. Like every year, this one had its ups, its downs, its excitement, its defeats, its joys, its panics, and its everything-in-between. But perhaps this year felt more stressed and harder than years of the past. Perhaps I will venture to say this year hit me a little harder, had more struggles. Of course it had its awesome moments too, times of adventure and excitement, and great time with family. But this year also had moments that tested my will, my ability to cope, and my strength. And while I haven't yet figured everything out, these moments of stress have taught me anout myself and have challenged me to look deep and question some things and make some important descion said about my future. I'm ready for 2015 to be over, and very excited to see what 2016 has in store!
But before we turn the calendar page (which reminds me: note to self - order new 2016 calendar for work), how about a quick run down of 2015? The good ... The bad ... The everything (or at least everything I'm willing to put in print). Links to some of the posts included ...
- Made some more great memories with my awesome family, both abroad and at home.
- Spent 10 days roadtripping around Spain and going to some of my favorite places as well as exploring new places.
- Visited my family in Romania.
- Got to visit Istanbul - a city I've been anxious to visit for soooooo long! Mosques, the bazar, the waterways, the food!
- Visited Colorado twice and got to take in the fresh air and mountains, and see my oldest friend marry an amazing guy that's perfect for her!
- Went to Seattle to spend Christmas with some great friends, and got to explore a bit of Seattle/the Pacific Northwest while there.
- Celebrated with my friends as they took on all sorts of new adventures - marriage, engagements, babies, birthdays ...
- Celebrated my own 30th birthday!
- Saw lots and lots of great movies (and some not so great movies).
- Went to New York City and finally got to check off a bunch of the tourist things to do in the city.
- Got a new tattoo. "Just breathe" on the inside of my right bicep. That makes three total tattoos.
- Explored the twin cities and partook in fun activities - the loppet, various art fairs, hiking at Taylor's falls, apple picking, red bull crashed ice, the all night art party, the ice castles ...
- Started seeing a great guy, which fizzled out. But it was fun while it lasted!
- Lost a bunch of weight (again) and felt great that I was able to do it - felt confident and strong.
- But then gained it (and then some) back and haven't been able to get back on track.
- Challenged myself to do Whole30 and managed to do it for 50 days! No sugar, pop, alcohol, dairy, grains ...
- Got into yoga at CorePower and am really enjoying it ... and am doing pretty well in C2.
- Got a bike and started biking around the great Minneapolis trails.
- Continued volunteering at the Walker Art Center.
- Felt appreciated ...
- Felt scarred and anxious ...
- Felt overwhelmed ...
- Made some mistakes that I regret.
- Said some things I wish i wouldn't have.
- Didn't do some things that I regret not doing.
There were many great moments and many good "things" that happened, and those cant be taken away. But there were many feelings and emotions in between that cast a shadow on some of the year. But I'm moving through them, learning, growing.
So thanks 2015, I've learned a lot.
Let's get 2016 going strong!