All it takes is:
- Roast a couple of eggplants in the oven - just drop them as is on a baking sheet and cook at 350 for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the eggplants, slit the exterior and remove the "guts".
- Leave the guts overnight to drain on an inclined cutting board so the water drains into the sink.
- Toss the eggplant guts into a food processor with a little bit of onion, some sea salt and some Mayo. To make it whole30, I use the Tessemae's Mayo (or you could make your own).
- Mix until creamy.
- Theoretically you enjoy this as a spread on bread, but I like to just use tomato slices to scoop it up.