Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dissapointment


May 1st is just around the corner and with it comes a lot of excitement. I am (finally) at the end of my MBA career and only have 1 physical lecture to sit in next Monday before graduation mid-May. I am dating again (sort of). I just got back from any awesome trip and have more great travels coming up. My family is doing well. Summer is almost here.

But hovering over all all of the awesome that is going on in my life is an underlying disappointment in myself. In my inability to stick to a healthy lifestyle. January and February were so great with yoga and sculpt and good eating and cooking and running. And then $hit happened ... life happened ... and I fell off the wagon. Sure I still exercised, mostly yoga and sculpt (and A LOT of it). But as we know from the 80/20 rule ... you can't out exercise a bad diet. And that's exactly what I was trying to do.

So here I am nearly 4 months later. I haven't gained back all the weight, but I've gained back some. All because I seem to display a staggering lack of willpower.

I can sit here all day long and say "I can start up again any time I want and drop the weigh like *that* [snaps fingers]". And maybe I can. The problem is starting. And staying the course. So in other words ... everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget